Mount Kalatungan Range Natural Park
Elevation: 2,907 MASL
Rank: 5th Highest Mountain in the Philippines
Difficulty: 8/9, Major Climb
Point of Entry/Exit: Brgy. Mendis, Pangantucan Bukidnon, Philippines
Days Required: 3 Days
Mount Kalatungan Range Natural Park – LGU Pangantucan Policies and Fees
1. Permit Fee/Climber- Php 300 (To be paid to the Treasurer’s Office of the Municipality of Pangantucan)
2. Guide Fee – Php 350 /day
3. Porter Fee – Php 400 /day
4. A sweeper is required for every 10 pax to ensure that no one is left behind and most importantly that is no garbage or dangerous objects left on the campsites. Sweeper Fee – Php 400/day
Note: Guide/Porter/Sweeper should be provided with meals. Ratio on guide/sweeper hiring – 1:10. Pay directly the fees to the guide/porter/sweeper after they have rendered their services.
5. Ritual requirements:
-1 live chicken
-1 bot. of wine
-coin/s per climber
-strips of cloth color red, black and white
6. If you will need to hire “habal2x” it’s Php 80/head (one way) for Brgy Mendis jump off for Kalatungan and Php 100/head (one way) for Brgy Portulin jump off for Kilakiron.
7. Liquor or any alcoholic drinks are not allowed. (Penalty: 5,000)
8. No I.D. No climb.
9. It is also required to buy a seedling/climber and plant to the area that will be assigned by the guide. Seedling is Php 20.
10. Ensure you have the basic equipment or must haves of a climber to survive in the mountain. Please make sure to be physically ready including your group-mates to avoid problems/inconveniences.
11. Abide by the local policies to avoid penalties/sanctions.
12. Do not leave your trash in the mountain.
13. Do not take anything from the mountain. Respect the nature and culture.
14. Pay to the cashier or send payment 2-3 days before the climb. Payments will only be processed during office hours. We will not accept walk-in climbers or those who are not booked unless it is within working hours. You will then claim your permit to the Tourism office. You will be asked to submit a copy of your I.D sign the logbook and waiver. You may proceed to the jump off after finishing the processes.
15. Please bring the ritual materials to the jump off and present them together with the permit, seedlings to the President of guides and porters Mr. Erio Inahan for Barangay Mendis and Datu Johnny Guina Tribal Chieftain for Brgy. Portulin.
For other inquiries, bookings and reservations you can contact Ms. Marie Joy Fat at +63 997 795 4507. Or you can contact Isoul – Trail Adventures (09996854253) to take care of your climb to these mountains.
(Information was taken from Pangantucan LGU and are subject to changes…)